Dr. Jeanette Jacknin
Dr. Jacknin is a clinically experienced expert in conventional and natural skin care therapies, cosmetic dermatology, and natural ingredients for cosmeceuticals. Board-certified and licensed in the state of Arizona, she has written the only comprehensive book on both allopathic and naturopathic skin care therapies, published by Penguin Putnam in 2001, and now available at www.drjacknin.com. She launched her effective botanical anti-aging skin care line in 2009, writes articles for the lay and professional press, and speaks at national conferences on anti-aging, beauty and natural ingredients as well as giving talks to dermatology departments. Significantly, she was asked to join the elite Complementary and Alternative Medicine committee of the American Academy of Dermatology, and has consulted for companies which include Colgate, Neutrogena, and Derma-E.
Expert Advisor to Neutrogena Naturals
Expert Advisor on Sharecare.com site
Board of Directors, Physician’s Skin Institute
Oct. 2004- 2009
President, Dr. Jacknin’s Skincare
Launched JJMD Botanical Dermatology, a holistic, effective approach to anti-aging skin care. Available at www.JJMDskincare.com. Jan 2009- present
Partnered with Sam Jacknin to form My Skin Solutions to offer online chat about skin care products by a dermatologist. Pitched QVC, Saks Fifth Avenue, CVS, and Sephora. Legal liability was a limiting issue.
Consultant, Dept. of Dermatology, Maricopa County Hospital
Partner, Dept. of Dermatology
The Medical Center Clinic, P.A.
TASK FORCE APPOINTMENT:
2013-present- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Task Force of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Supply-side West Oct 2008, Las Vegas, “The top 12 natural ingredients for anti-aging skincare”
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Apr 2009, Orlando, “The newest natural ingredients for anti-aging skin care”
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine Oct 2009, San Jose, “New Natural Cutting-Edge Ingredients for Cosmeceuticals”
- Health and Beauty Association Trade Show, October 2009, NYC, moderator for morning session on Innovation in the Beauty Industry and speaker on “A Thoughtful Scientific Foundation for Selection of New Natural Cutting-Edge Ingredients for Cosmeceuticals”
- Supplyside West Nov 2009, Las Vegas, “The best new natural ingredients for Antiaging Skincare”
- Supplyside East 2010, NJ, “New Natural Cutting-Edge Ingredients for Cosmeceuticals”
- Health and Beauty Association Trade Show, October 2010, NYC “ New Natural Ingredients for the Treatment of Acne and Rosacea”
- Supplyside West Oct 2010, Las Vegas “ New Natural Ingredients for the Treatment of Acne and Rosacea”
- Supplyside West Oct 2011, Las Vegas “ Best New Natural Ingredients for Anti-aging and Whitening”
- Northeast Society of Cosmetic Chemists, Oct 2012, Worcester “ Trends and Science Behind Topical and Oral Supplements for Healthy and Challenged Skin”
- Ohio Valley Society of Cosmetic Chemists, Feb 2013, Cincinnati, “Trends and Science Behind Topical and Oral Supplements for Healthy and Challenged Skin”
- 2013 Natural Products Expo West, March 2013, Los Angeles, “ 10 Great Natural Ingredients for Anti-Aging Cosmeceuticals”
- 2013 Natural Products Expo East, September 2013, Baltimore. On expert panel discussing “What’s Hot in Natural Skin Care?”
- 2014 Engreadea Conference-“The Science Supporting Popular Global Nutricosmetics” Los Angeles, March 7, 2014
- 2014 A4M Conference- “Trends and Science Supporting Natural Cosmeceuticals and Nutricosmetics” Orlando, May 17, 2014
- 2014 Happi Anti-Aging Conference-“The Science Supporting Topical Botanicals for Anti-Aging”, New Brunswick, N.J., Sept 16, 2014
- 2014 A4M Conference- “The Science Behind Vitamin and Mineral Supplements for Healthy Skin”…scheduled for December, 2014, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2014 Grand Rounds, Department of Dermatology, University of Miami, “Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Dermatology, what is it? ” …scheduled for December, 2014, Miami, Fla
- 2015 Grand Rounds, Department of Dermatology, UCSD, “Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Dermatology, what is it? ” given January 29, 2015, San Diego, CA
- 2015 Grand Rounds, Department of Dermatology, University of Oregon, “Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Dermatology, what is it? ” …scheduled for July, 2015, Portland, Oregon
- Feb 2009, consultant to Colgate- Palmolive Corporation, Personal Care Division, “Natural Approaches to Deodorants and Anti-Perspirants”, part of a 1 day thought leader conference
- Nov 2009, Consultant to client of GfK Strategic Innovation on sleep/skin interactions
- Feb 2010, Consultant to client of SHINE Systems & Technologies in Charlottesville,VA.
- June 2010, Consultant to Duerst-Lahti Global LLC, Evansville, WI.
- May 2011, Consultant to Forces of Nature, LLC, CA.
- April 2013, Consultant to Derma-e, LLC, Simi Valley, CA.
- June 2013, Consultant to SHINE Systems and Technologies in Charlottesville,VA
- Feb 2011-Present, Expert Advisor to Neutrogena Naturals
- Andy Weil’s Textbook on Integrative Dermatology, authored first 3 chapters on Diet and Supplements for Healthy and Challenged Skin, published March 2014.
- Smart Medicine for Your Skin, New York: Penguin Putnam, 2001 ( 400+ pages)
- Basking in a Mask, Carefair.com, 2006
- Body Scrubs…Which Scrub Should You Use? Carefair.com, 2006
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Fight Aging with Pomegranate, Soy and Coffeeberry Ingredients”, May 5, 2008
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Exciting New Additions to Cosmeceuticals: Sea Buckthorn, Rooibos and Evodia Rutaecarpa”, Sept 3, 2008
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Marine Ingredients Increase Skin Collagen and Elastin Production (Algae: Not Just a Weed in the Sea)”, Sept 16, 2008
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Acerola & Camu Camu—Hot Cosmeceutical Options”, March 30, 2009
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Topical Probiotics: Another Natural Tool to Help Prevent and Treat Skin Conditions”, May 5, 2009
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “ The Baobab Fruit…An African Treasure for Skin”, Feb 16, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Herbal Acne Regimes with White Willow Bark” March 8, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Fight Off Acne With Tea Tree Oil”, March 29, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Bewitching Acne Prone Skin with Witch Hazel”, April 5, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Turmeric: More Than Just Another Pretty Spice” July 8, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Licorice- A Sweet Solution for Rosacea and Acne” July 26, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Green Tea Quenches Rosacea”, July 31, 2010
- http://www.Insidecosmeceuticals.com “Feverfew Soothes Inflammed Skin”, August 16, 2010
- Mud and Clay At-Home Spa Treatments, Carefair.com, 2006
INTERVIEWED FOR ARTICLES IN:
- Alternative Medicine, “Mineral Makeup”
- Alternative Medicine, “Natural Skin Care for Diabetics”, Feb 2007
- Alternative Medicine, “Scrubs”
- Better for You, http://bit.ly/WSxscc, “Moisturize Your Skin with Natural Oils”, Mar2013
- Better Homes and Gardens
- Body and Soul, “Eye Creams”, May 2005: 60-62
- Body and Soul, “The Truth About Soap”, October 2004:54-56
- Bottom Line/ Health, April 2002
- http://www.Deliciousliving.com, “Sun Protection Inside and Out”, June 2010
- Dr. Andrew Weil’s Self Healing, “Natural Skin care from the Inside Out”, June 2006
- Dr. Andrew Weil’s Self Healing, “Common Natural Ingredients in Skin Care Products”
- Men’s Health, “Worst –Face Scenarios”, Jan/Feb. 2002: 52-54
- Muscle and Fitness, “Body by Betty”
- Natural Health, “How to Face Age Spots”, Jan/Feb. 2002: .27
- Natural Health, “Help for Hair Loss”, August 2002: .22
- http://www.naturalhealthmag.com, “Expert Advice: Does Honey Help Heal Cuts and Scrapes?” May 2009
- http://www.naturalsolutionsmag.com “Natural Radiance Mining for Makeup”, March 1, 2007
- http://www.naturalsolutionsmag.com, “A Salad Fit for Your Skin”, Sept 1, 2008
- http://www.naturalsolutionsmag.com July 1 2009 “The Beauty of Wine”
- http://www.naturalsolutionsmag.com July 1 2009 “The Beauty Bar: Calendula”
- http://www.naturalsolutionsmag.com, “Quercetin”, July 1, 2010
- http://www.naturalsolutionsmag.com, “Facials”, Oct 1, 2010
- http://www.natural solutionsmag.com , Oct 1 2010, “The Beauty Bar”
- Reader’s Digest, “Feed Your Face”, September 2002: 194
- AttorneyFee, “Legal Costs“, September 2015: 194
- Shape, “Organic Beauty”, April 2006
- Shape, “Cinnamon in Skincare”
- http://www.youbeauty.com/skin/galleries/natural-skincare-ingredients#5, Jan 2012
- Woman’s World Magazine, “Home Remedies for Liver Spots”, Feb 11, 2003
- http://www.worldhealth.net “Stem cells in skin care…What does it really mean?
- Business 1060AM, Boston, MA, September 23, 2001.
- Health Talk, Wichita, KS, October 22, 2001.
- Nature of Health, San Diego, CA, September 27, 2001.
- The Danielle Lin Show, Salt Lake City, UT, January 3, 2002.
- The Deborah Ray Show, Clearwater, FL, August 9, 2001.
- The Deborah Ray Show, Clearwater, FL, April 22, 2003.
- Wealth of Health Nutrition Hour, Idaho Falls, ID, October 30, 2001.
- Marcia Holman, Amazing Antidotes. New Hudson, MI: Jerry Baker Books, Summer 2004.
- The Editors of Health Magazine, The Women Doctors’ Guide to Health and Healing. Birmingham, AL: Oxmore House.
- Beacon News, “Health Bookshelf.” Dec.19, 2001.
- Cincinnati Enquirer, “Healthy Reading.” Dec.19, 2001.
- Courier-Times-Telegraph, “Meditation Can Bring Myriad Health Benefits.” Dec.16, 2002.
- Jump 4 Adan, “Business startups in San Diego”.
- Eagle, “The Self-Help Bookshelf.” Dec.13, 2001.
- Health Products Business, “Lookin’ Good, Naturally.” Oct. 2001: 28.
- Herald-Journal, “Meditation may prove helpful to your skin.” Dec.18, 2001.
- Living Trust Forms
- Lohas Journal, “More than Skin-deep.” Fall 2001.
- News-Bowling Green, KY, “Self-help Book Shelf.” Dec.15, 2001.
- Times-Picayune, “Healthsource.” Nov. 8, 2001.
- Vegetarian Times, “Beautiful You.” Dec. 2001:50-54.
- Woodland Hills Daily News, “Only Skin Deep.” Oct. 22, 2001.